- The heart of EuropeSlovakia’s strategically advantageous geographic location and relatively well-developed logistics network allows even smaller online shops to grow.
- Customer experienceSlovaks like to surf on their mobile phones and look at price comparisons. They appreciate an easy shopping process as well as discounts and free shipping.
- Complete localisation In addition to using perfect Slovak and having prices quoted in euros, the choice of reliable carriers and popular payment methods is crucial.
Interesting facts about the Slovak market
Slovak customers have a high level of interest in online shopping, and they adopt various technological innovations to increase their comfort. Time-saving shopping directly via smartphones became popular quite quickly, which is why optimisation for mobile devices is now a necessity.
Price is still one of the most important factors in Slovaks’ online purchases. Therefore, as part of their relatively rational purchasing process, they go from Google directly straight to price comparison sites. They like discounts and take advantage of offers for customer loyalty. They also pay attention to reviews and read comments on social networks. They are used to examing or trying on the goods in person. When choosing an online shop, they appreciate both free shipping and free returns – for example, via drop-off or collection points.
After a positive customer experience, they remain loyal customers and are happy to recommend the online shop to their friends. However, if the goods are out of stock or unavailable for a long time, they will buy them from a comparably priced competitor. Slovaks care about the environment and are willing to pay more for eco-friendly goods and processes. You will therefore gain the attention of Slovak custoemers with an eco-friendly approach in the way your goods are packaged. Slovaks especially like to support local brands and local producers.
- 5 millionResidents
- 6.7%Share of Online Sales
- €2 billionTurnover
- 12 800Number of Online Shops
- 17%E-commerce Growth