- Attractive accessibilityStrategic location with good accessibility to virtually all of Europe, especially within the DACH region.
- Superior serviceCommon expectations of German consumers include high quality and precision, reliable safety, environmental friendliness and social responsibility.
- Higher turnoversGermans favor spontaneous shopping on domestic online shops, with the average value of their orders among the highest in the world.
Interesting facts about the German market
One of the largest and most developed e-commerce markets in the world, which directly corresponds to the high demanding nature of German customers. However, if you earn their trust, they will reward you with positive referrals and loyalty with higher purchase values than you are used to from other markets.
Germans expect first-class service throughout the entire purchasing process. From detailed product descriptions, to positive reviews, reliable customer support, trusted local partners, fast delivery, and ease of returns. Moreover, especially for Germans, the so-called “impressum” is decisive. They care about data privacy and are looking for proven and stable vendors they can rely on.
- 84 mil.Residents
- 7,3 %Share of Online Sales
- 103 mld. €Turnover
- 190 000Number of Online Shops
- 10 %E-commerce Growth
- 19 %VAT