- Attractive accessibilityThis is a strategic location with good accessibility to virtually all of Europe and, the DACH region in particular.
- Superior serviceCommon expectations of German consumers include high quality, precision, reliable safety, environmental friendliness and social responsibility.
- Higher turnoversGermans favour spontaneous shopping on domestic online shops, with the average value of their orders being among the highest in the world.
Interesting facts about the German market
Germany is one of the largest and most developed e-commerce markets in the world, and it directly matches to the high demanding nature of German customers. If you earn their trust, they will reward you with positive referrals and loyalty with higher purchase values than can be seen in other markets.
Germans expect first-class service throughout the entire purchasing process: from detailed product descriptions through to positive reviews, reliable customer support, trusted local partners, fast delivery and ease of returns. Moreover, especially for Germans, the Impressum is decisive; they care about data privacy and are looking for proven and stable vendors they can rely on.
- 84 millionResidents
- 7,3%Share of Online Sales
- €103 billionTurnover
- 190 000Number of Online Shops
- 10%E-commerce Growth