- Market potentialWith a population of almost 20 million, Romania is a large market in the CEE region.
- A good chance for growthRomania is a growing market with many opportunities.
- Low competitionThere is much less competition when compared to Western countries.
Interesting facts about the Romanian market
Romania harbuors great economic potential, which is often overlooked. The speed of expansion into the Romanian market can be decisive and can provide one of the biggest competitive advantages for an online shop for years to come.
The market still has a low level of penetration, and e-commerce growth is reaching above-average nfrom a European perspective. This reflect the high interest of Romanians in online shopping, and there is growth each year.
As with other emerging markets, the translation of texts into Romanian, payment by cash on delivery, and the delivery of packages may be more complicated at the beginning.
- 19 millionResidents
- 4.7%Share of Online Sales
- €4 billionTurnover
- 15 000Number of Online Shops
- 22%E-commerce Growth